Friday, May 1, 2009

Angel of Peace


It seems every time we turn on the news, we are bombarded with doom and gloom and negativity, whether it is the swine flu, the war in Iraq, or the downturning economic climate. I have this little angel sitting on the dresser in my bedroom and felt inspired to draw something uplifting and positive. Art is a wonderful form of escapism, where we can escape the harsh realities of every day living and focus on the beauty that surrounds us everywhere, and hopefully convey that to fellow art lovers. This ACEO is available to purchase in my ebay store :)

3 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

Beautiful aceo! I've been painting angels lately too.

Unknown said...

I love angels too, Deb. It is interesting how as artists, different things inspire us on any given day.

artbyakiko said...

So beautiful, Karen! Such soft colors.