Thursday, January 21, 2010

Some of my Christmas commissions

Athena
4x6 inches
Coloured pencils on drafting film


Sophia
4x6 inches
Coloured pencils on drafting film

Zahara
4x6 inches
Coloured pencils on drafting film


Rhiannon
4x6 inches
Coloured pencils on drafting film


Kerry and Craig
8x10 inches
Graphite and black pencil on drafting film

These were some of the commissions that kept me busy between Christmas and New Year. There were a couple more completed in the the week leading up to Christmas, but the clients requested that they not be posted on any websites, and of course I always respect these wishes. The commissions continue to roll in, for which I am very grateful, but I have had to put all the prices up slightly to prevent getting too overloaded with work. My preference this year is to work on quality, rather than quantity so that the customer feels they are getting something they will treasure for many years to come!!!

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What gorgeous children! Love the portrait of the couple too. Your work is just wonderful, Karen. How awesome to have to raise your prices a bit too.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Wow, you have been busy, Karen! All very beautiful work. I can't imagine your collectors not being happy with them. As to people portraits, I think you do a fantastic job on babies, and small children!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Sherry and Barbara. I am happy too Sherry, once the commission work took off, I couldn't really keep up. A few people had said my prices were too low, but I think you have to start off low to get into the marketplace.
My collectors have all indicated they were happy Barbara, but sometimes, when I have had a whole heap of portraits to do, it felt a bit like a production line and then I wasn't happy with the result. I feel it is so important to really put your heart and soul into an artwork.