Friday, July 16, 2010

1st Prize Drawing Section ASMA Awards Exhibition

A Life Well Spent
6x8 cm
Graphite pencil on drafting film
I often forget to post if I have won an award, but have just come back from collecting my prize for winning the Drawing Section of the ASMA (Australian Society of Miniature Art) National Awards Exhibition for "A Life Well Spent". I wasn't able to attend the Presentation Evening last night, as we were on our way back from Canberra, but had the opportunity to browse the exhibition this afternoon. How inspiring!!! When attending these Miniature Art Exhibitions, I am always reminded of why I fell in love with this genre of art in the first place. This was a timely prize for me also, as the prize was a boxed set of 120 Faber Castell Polychromos, and those of you familiar with my work would know that these are my favourite pencils - some of mine are only about one inch long now. Whilst there, I was happy to learn that my painting "Hush Little Mouse" had sold as well.

11 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations! What a super prize.

Tracy Hall said...

Well done Karen, well deserved - I love this one! The prize sounds like it was perfect as well!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Karen and Tracy - your lovely comments mean a lot!!! :)

Autumn Leaves said...

My goodness!! Congratulations, Karen!!! What a perfect prize too. And selling another painting? It couldn't get much better!

Mona Diane Conner said...

Congrats Karen on your award and sale! What a great prize indeed, and I'm not surprised this one won.

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Woo Hoo Way to go Karen!! No surprise though! : ) What an honor to also have a graphite work get 1st place! What a very lovely prize, all those yummy colors together in one box! Congratulations on your sale too.

Sue Clinker said...

Congratulations Karen
Your work is lovely.

Unknown said...

Thank you all Sherry, Mona, Barbara and Sue for all your heartwarming comments!!! :))

Carol Andre' said...

A well-deserved congratulations! What a beautiful piece. And WTG on the sale as well!

Unknown said...

Congratulations Karen on the award and also the sale. A wonderful prize. I too love the polychromos.

Well deserved.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Carol and Dors - I really appreciate your lovely comments!!! :)