Thursday, November 24, 2011

'Tis the Season & Happy Thanksgiving

'Tis the Season

10x9cm

Watercolours and Watercolour pencils on illustration board


Firstly, a very Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends who celebrate this wonderful tradition.

More experimenting with watercolours and watercolour pencils, with the dual purpose of having an image for our Christmas Cards.
I really shouldn't be drawing or painting at all at this crazy time of year with so much to do and so much going on for us at the moment. Apart from a new puppy, which is giving me sleepless nights and has me standing out in the rain with an umbrella waiting for 'piddles' to happen, we have one son in the throws of uni exams (Psychology), one son just finished his HSC and has been enjoying formals, schoolies and the like, the third son is on school camp and just completed his School certificate, and our youngest is busy with all the pre Christmas activites that Primary Schools are so good at organising. Between that and trying to fit in Christmas shopping, spring cleaning and still catching up with friends, I think art really is my sanity escape, rather than simply a source of income!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Karen. I am exhausted just reading all the things you are doing.

Congrats on all family achievements including the new pup.
We just got our Jessie (dog) last week.
Love the festive season painting.

Unknown said...

Thank you Dors - I missed your post about Jessie before and just went back and read it, and added a little comment. I do hope she will be a wonderful companion for you and your hubby!!! :)

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

Karen, you have way too much on the go. That new puppy may turn out to be a bit of work but he will get you outside, with fresh air and a moment to ponder all those things that have to be done. Have fun with the new guy and good luck with everything else.

Unknown said...

Ha Ha, you're right Wendy. I think artists more than anyone need to get out into the fresh air, as we tend to be locked away in a studio for hours. She's a darling puppy, but it's a long time since I've had sleepless nights due to babies, and those I can do without!!! :)

Barbara A. Freeman said...

Ha! I too am exhausted just from reading your post and a new puppy to boot!! What a relief to get to play with your paints to relax! I too love watercolors but stay away from using them anymore! Congratulations on your children's achievements! Now just remember to breathe!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Barbara - I would love to see how you handle watercolours. You are such a master with the other mediums you use, and I think I'd be inspired by your use of watercolours. Do you have any older works you could share?

Cindy Lane said...

A new furry baby!! Christmas has come early to your household. Any piccies to share?

Such a gorgeous image for your cards. I am so slow I think mine will be sent in February....

Unknown said...

Again you make me smile Cindy - you take on so much, you crazy lady - no wonder you can't fit it all in!!! I will post some pics just for you!!! :)