Friday, July 13, 2012

Grandpa Elliott in Miniature

Grandpa Elliott in Miniature
3x4 inches
Coloured Pencils and Scratchbord tools on Scratchbord
This is the second time that I have taken the time to draw Grandpa Elliott's Portrait. I wanted to try out some scratchbord in miniature and combine it with coloured pencils and his wonderful beard and the highlights on the glasses seemed to lend themselves perfectly to scratchbord art. This artwork is for the upcoming Australian Society of Miniature Art exhibition and with entries due by the end of next week, I am rather ambitiously (or stupidly), hoping to get another one completed within that time frame.

3 comments:

Sue Clinker said...

Lovely work Karen. I liked the first Grandpa Elliott and this is equally wonderful.
Good luck with the exhibition (and your plans for the 2nd entry) :-)

Anita said...

Another amazing piece Karen. I'm always astounded at how you can get such detail into such tiny works of art. Beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Sue and I love your new avatar and hair style!!! :)

Thank you heaps Anita - I don't do the tiny works very often anymore but I'm so glad you like them!!! :)